Thursday, September 26, 2013

NFL WEEK 4 THURSDAY GAME PREDICTION

Week 3 netted me another 11-5 prediction record, which puts me at 31-17 on the year.

Tonight's game really gives me pause (the San Francisco 49ers at the St. Louis Rams for those wondering). On the one hand, the 49ers haven't played well in the last couple weeks and had just four days to prepare for a tough road game against a division rival. The Rams also went 1-0-1 against the 49ers last year and both clubs aren't remarkably different compared to their 2012 counterparts.

The Rams have also had their fair share of problems, with their defense not playing perhaps to their potential and the offensive line not being good despite the acquisition of Jake Long in the offseason.

This game is a tossup and usually that would mean I'd go with the home team. But I'm going to buck that mindset and pick the 49ers. They're still extremely talented despite their struggles and I think they can pull off their first win against the Rams since 2011.

By the by: I've picked the road team in every Thursday game this year to this point. I'm 1-2 in those instances, so we'll see if the 49ers can put me at 500 tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment